Not only for kids!

,
Who said that marbles are for kids? Perhaps no one said that or someone did but do you want to know something? FACT: THEY'RE NOT.

I can hardly remember when I was a kid and I spend the school break playing this game. They only thing I know it's that I still have at my home a pot really full of marbles. They are so diferent colours, sizes and shapes... wait not shapes, they are all quite rounds.
Rodrigo came last week to me and said
"you know what's going on in Prague this saturday?" I was hoping some naked-twister or maybe any free beer festival were we could play naked-twister but the answer was "there a tournament of marbles" and who would say no to an oportunity to remember your childhood? So he bought some marbles, the crappy ones actually. I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about, those ones that we're crystal and with some color inside.

So ready to play and after some trainning in the corridor, Rodrigo and me went this morning to the island and had there a great time there!! The tournament was really well done organized, first of all a league and then after that the eliminatories. We didn't do a great job there, I mean, we lost more games than victories but what really matters is that we had fun. This is what losers says after a championship, isn't it? hehe.

For next tournament, more and better ;)

2 comments:

Rodrigo said...

Even though we did not exactly win the competition, it was an afternoon to remember! Together, in the same island, at the same time, an exquisite group of professionals (from annoying little girls to bald old men) fighting their way to reach the ultimate goal of any human being: become the champion of marbles!

But eternal glory is not for free. I am completely disabled from the waist down. I can't go up the stairs, I can't go down the stairs. In fact, I start crying whenever I see some stairs.

Are you also like this, Paco?

pACO! said...

You are not alone on this, I hope temporal, disability. Actually my mother is freaking out because last time I had muscular fever I ended 17 days at the hospital :D

People doesn't know how tiring is playing marbles. IT IS NOT A KIDS GAME!

Post a Comment